Izarraitz Vocational Training has gone from being part of the School Agenda 21 project in the 2018-2019 academic year to the current School Agenda 2030 project. This project is a current environmental programme of the local councils for schools, in which the whole centre (students, teachers and non-teaching staff) can participate.
This project requires a double commitment: on the one hand, to promote quality environmental education, and on the other, to reduce the impact of our school on the environment.
To this end, at Izarraitz Vocational Training, different environmental management activities are carried out in order to control the consumption of our resources (paper, water, electricity, heating…) and the impact of our waste (with selective collection and individualised treatment).
Izarraitz Vocational Training, with the 2030 School Agenda, promotes the following OBJECTIVES:
- Participate in the Local School Agenda 2030 (Azkoitia and Azpeitia).
- Raise awareness among the school community about the environment.
- Encourage the participation of the school community.
- Promote actions and attitudes towards sustainability.
- Raise the school’s awareness of the environment through sustainable actions and attitudes.
Likewise, our aim is to introduce the environment into the modules programmed in the cycles (in the curriculum) and to carry out a series of activities to complete environmental education (blood draws, outings to local companies, environmental consultations and talks…).
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Izarraitz Vocational Training, in line with the sustainable development goals proposed by the United Nations (Agenda 2030), will promote these among its members.
- Promote and improve the centre’s environmental management system.
- Reduce our ecological footprint.
- Communicate our environmental claims.
- Encourage collaboration on sustainability within our organisation and with other centres and institutions.
- Contribute to reducing social inequalities and promote values of solidarity in our organisation.
- Contribute to improving the health of people in the organisation.
- Promote better coexistence with special sensitivity to situations of vulnerability, disability, arrogance and gender inequality.
- Promoting SDG 17+1: Linguistic and cultural diversity, committing to protect culture and to maintain and support a more minority culture and languages.
- Work for the inclusion of people from cultures and realities different from our own.
- Develop organisational compliance and ethics procedures to create a good and quality public service, seeking in people a commitment to a job well done.
- Work for generational balance, taking into account the future, minimising social, cultural and environmental deterioration.